State Requirements: California

See Courses Available for California

Affordable CLE State Information

State Provider Number: 16053

State MCLE Requirement

Total MCLE Credits Required: 25

Specialty Requirement

Legal Ethics - Minimum Credit Hours Per Cycle: 4

Elimination of Bias - Minimum Credit Hours Per Cycle: 1

Implicit Bias - Minimum Credit Hours Per Cycle: 1

Competence Issues - Minimum Credit Hours Per Cycle: 2

Technology - Minimum Credit Hours Per Cycle: 1

Civility - Minimum Credit Hours Per Cycle: 1

Compliance Requirements

Reporting Cycle: 3 years

Compliance Deadline: 31-Jan

Reporting Deadline: 1-Feb

State Rules

Group 1 (A-G) 2/1/2022 - 1/31/2025 Report by 2/1/2025

Group 2 (H-M) 2/1/2024 - 1/31/2027 Report by 2/1/2027

Group 3 (N-Z) 2/1/2023 - 1/31/2026 Report by 2/1/2026

California attorneys can complete all required 25 MCLE hours online through Attorney Credits.

California State Bar rules require that a minimum 12.5 of your 25 hour need to be participatory credit. All Attorney Credits courses can be taken as either self-study or participatory credit.

New Specialty Requirements Beginning with 01/31/2025 Compliance Cycle

4 hours of Ethics credits
1 hour Elimination of Bias credit
1 hour of Implicit Bias credit
2 hours Competence credits (can include 1 hour of Wellness Competence)
1 hour of Technology in the Practice of Law credit
1 hour of Civility in the Legal Profession credit


Carryover Allowed: No

Number of Carryover Credits Allowed: N/A

State Regulatory Entity

Are Affordable CLE MCLE Courses Accepted?

Get all 25 required credits including specialty credits online at Affordable CLE. We offer self study and participatory credit classes.

Additional Information

Affordable CLE is an approved provider in California #16053.

Click to search the CA State Bar Site: Search for Affordable CLE

To see our California MCLE How Does It Work click here.

To see our California MCLE FAQ click here.

The information above is deemed reliable and correct at the time of posting. Since state rules change, you should confirm all information by contacting the appropriate state regulatory entity.